119. grand a. 宏伟大，壮丽的，重大的 The museum that we visit is very grand. 我们参观的博物馆是非常雄伟的。 120. invade v. 侵入，侵略，侵袭 When Balrogs invade the ship, you better avoid them. The cabin is the safest place!当蝙蝠魔侵入 船的时候，你更好避开它船舱是最安全的地方！ 121. acid n. 酸，酸性物质 a. 酸的；尖刻的 Aluminum is the main factor limiting plant growth on acid soil . 铝是酸性土壤中植物生长发育的主要限制因子。 122. acknowledge v. 承认；致谢 “Yeah, we’re playing the merit game,” acknowledges Tom Lancaster, associate dean for undergraduate education.（2009年12月大学英语四级考试试题） 123. balcony n. 阳台 You can see the sea from our balcony. 从我们的阳台，你可以看到大海。 124. calculate vt. 计算，核算 He must calculate the probability of failure. 他必须计算一下失败的概率。 125. calendar n. 日历，月历 He patiently waited , then when I was done , he said he would like Chinese New Year did not begin January first , and that Chinese New Year ,which is tied to the lunar cycle ,is one of the most celebrated holidays on the Chinese calendar .（2009年6月英语四级考试真题与答案） 126. optimistic a. 乐观 The man is quite optimistic about human nature.（2007年6月23日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)） 127. optional a. 可以任选的，非强制的 Some courses in college are required while others are optional. 大学里有的课程是必修的，有是是选修的。 128. outstanding a. 杰出的，突出的，显著的 She made outstanding contributions to children’s education.（2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)） 129. export n. 出口（物） v. 出口，输出 We export to many countries. 我们向许多国家出口货物。 130. import n. 进口（物） v. 进口，输入 importing low-price prescription drugs from Canada（2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)） 131. impose vt. 把„„加强(on)；采用，利用 You ought not to impose your thoughts on others. 你不应该总是把自己的想法 强加于别人。 132. religion n. 宗教，宗教信仰 He deceived them under the cloak of religion. 他打着宗教的幌子欺骗他们。 133. religious a. 宗教的 And Taoism is a religious sect. 而道教是一个宗教派别。 134. victim n. 牺牲品，受害者 Scientists have devised a way to determine roughly where a person has lived using a strand(缕) of hair , a technique that could help track the movements of criminal suspects or unidentified murder victims .（2009年6月英语四级考试真题与答案） 135. video n. 电视，视频 a. 电视的，录像的 Applying for artistic merit scholarships usually requires that students submit a portfolio(选辑)of some sort, whether that includes a collection of artwork, a recording of a musical performance or a video of them dancing.（2009年12月大学英语四级考试试题） 136. videotape n. 录像磁带 v. 把„„录在录像带上
When the children were 2, researchers videotaped them at home in free-play sessions with both parents, all of their speech. ( 2009年12月大学英语四级考试) 137. offend v. 冒犯，触犯 He was offended by her unreasonable quarrel. 他被她的无理取闹激怒了。 138. bother v. 打搅，麻烦 A survey found an overwhelming pessimism about privacy, with 60 percent of respondents saying they feel their privacy is “slipping away, and that bothers me.”(2008年6月大学英语四级考试真题) 139. interfere v. 干涉，干扰，妨碍 This is my life, no one can interfere. 这是我的生活，没有人可以干涉。 140. internal a. 内部的，国内的 If we do not confront and overcome these internal fears and doubts, if we protect ourselves too much, then we cease to grow. 假如我们不敢面对并消除这些内心的恐惧和疑惑，如果我们对自己保护太多，我们就不再成长了。 141. beforehand ad. 预先，事先 Rooms booked beforehand can be discounted by up to 50%. 提前预订房间可以打折，折扣率最高为50％。 142. racial a. 人种的种族的 This pattern of human rights violations against enslaved African-Americans continued under racial segregation for nearly another century. ( 2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)) 143. radiation n. 放射物，辐射 The use of radiation disinfection could solve some sticky problems. 使用辐照灭菌能够解决某些棘手的问题。 144. radical a.根本的；激进的 They wish to adopt more radical methods. 他们希望采取更激烈的方法。 145. range n. 幅度，范围 v. （在某范围内）变动 I needed to present the full range of duties, responsibilities and expectations to all candidates (2009年6月英语四级考试真题) 146. wonder n. 惊奇，奇迹 v. 想知道，对„„感到疑惑 In the late 19th century, Jules Verne, the master of science fiction, foresaw many of the technological wonders that are today. (2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)) A) transient B) commonplace C) implicit D) elementary 147. isolate vt. 使隔离，使孤立 These conditions are increasingly observable around the world. For instance, cultures that were previously isolated and homogeneous(同种类的) ,such as Japan, Denmark and Greece (45).( 2008年12月大学英语四级考试) 148. issue n. 问题，争论点；发行，（报刊）一期 Retailers who’re responsive and friendly are more likely to smooth over issues than those who aren’t so friendly.( 2008年12月大学英语四级考试真题) 149. hollow a. 空的，中空的，空虚道 This is a hollow tree.
这是一棵中空的树。 150. hook n. 钩 vt. 钩住 I hooked his foot when he passed me and he staggered but didn"t fall. 他从我身边走过时我勾住了他的脚，他被绊了一个趔趄可并没摔倒。 Put your coat on the hook. 把你的外套放到挂钩上。 151. adequate a. 适当地；足够 The panda is an endangered species, which means that it is very likely to become without adequate protection.（2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)） A) intact B) insane C) extinct D) exempt 152. adhere vi. 粘附，附着；遵守，坚持 We adhered to our original plan of swimming in spite of the bad weather.尽管天气恶劣，我们仍然坚持按预定计划游泳。 153. ban vt. 取缔，禁止 The police lifted the ban against parking in the street. 警方取消了不准在这条街上停车的禁令。 154. capture vt. 俘虏，捕获 They captured this city from the enemy last week. 他们上周从敌人手里夺取了这个城市。 155. valid a. 有效的，有根据的；正当的 Each of these philosophies is valid and, it has to be said, my son loves visiting his aunt’s house. （2008年12月大学英语四级考试真题） 156. valley n. 山谷，峡谷 In a mountain valley of Spain（2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)） 157. consistent a. 坚固定；一致的，始终如一的 Her parents’ consistent moral support （2006年6月17日大学英语四级(CET-4)真题试卷(A卷)） 158. continuous a. 继续的，连续（不断）的 Firstly, no accomplishment can be achieved in a short time, and success asks for continuous industrious work and efforts. 第一，没有任何成就是可以在短时间内达到的，而是需要持续的勤奋工作和努力。 159. continual a. 不断地，频繁的 Continual conflict among city-states caused the eventual decline of Greek civilization.城邦间不断的冲突导致了希腊文明最终的衰落。 160. explode v. 爆炸；爆发；激增 Something was ready to explode inside of her because she could not make people understand her.她的内心深处有什么东西要爆发，因为她的举止已难以让人理解。 exploit v. 剥削；利用，开采 China make a great effort to develop marine enterprise, exploit and protect ocean.中国为发展海洋事业，开发和保护海洋作出了积极努力。 162. explore v. 勘探 To explore strategies for lowering production costs （2008年6月大学英语四级考试真题） 163. explosion n. 爆炸；爆发；激增 If only the explosion had not happened! 爆炸要是没有发生就好了。
in total: 总共
1. That will cost you 7.50 in total.
2. During the occupation, we had to live in total submission (to the invader).
be equal to:
1. Twenty shillings were equal to one pound before 1971.
2. The task took quick thinking, but John was equal to it.
except for: ad. 除了(除...外)
1. A banana is mainly pulp, except for its skin.
2. No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money.
3. This area is peaceful except for a few skirmishes in the distance.
4. I can do nothing except for swimming in the dog days.
5. It"s a nice pub, except for the landlord.
6. I can answer all the questions except for the last.
7. The meal was excellent except for (ie with the exception of) the first course.
8. Nothing remains except for me to say goodbye.
communicate: v. 沟通,传达,交流
1. The door communicates with my room.
2. I can"t communicate with them; the radio doesn"t work.
3. He has communicated his wishes to me.
4. This poem communicates the author"s despair.
5. The police communicate (with each other) by radio.
6. The officer communicated his orders to the men by radio.
7. A politician must be able to communicate.
8. I like to communicate with my family.
stay up: vi. 熬夜
1. The poster only stayed up a few hours, before it was stolen.
2. I"m surprised some of those cheap houses stay up at all.
3. My trousers only stay up if I wear a belt.
4. She promised the children they could stay up for their favourite TV programme.
5. Do you always stay up?
6. I am going to stay up late to finish my paper.
7. Afterwards she relented and let the children stay up late to watch TV.
come about: 发生,产生
1. How did this come about?
2. Layoffs designed to effect savings. Thus the sentence These measures may affect savings could imply that the measures may reduce savings that have already been realized, whereas These measures may effect savings implies that the measures will cause new savings to come about.
3. Expected or required but not yet having come about.
4. How did it come about that he knew where we were?
end up with: vt. 结束于
1. If you do that, you"ll end up with egg on your face.
2. His false accusations kicked back and ended up with himself in prison.
1. The jury brought in a verdict of guilty.
2. Local residents were angry at not being brought in on (ie not being consulted about) the new housing scheme.
3. His freelance work brings (him) in 5000 a year.
4. He does odd jobs that bring him in about 30 a week.
5. Experts were brought in to advise the Government.
6. Two suspicious characters were brought in.
7. He intends to bring in some reforms.
1. He cannot compare with (ie is not nearly as great as) Shakespeare as a writer of tragedies.
2. Compare with those who is suffering, we are better off.
3. Teacher takes Shelley to compare with Keats mutually.
4. Compare with apartment hunting, my research work is a cinch.
1. Do as I tell you, no but about it.
2. He"s still but a child.
3. There is no one here but me.
4. I came home sadder but wiser.
5. But for the safety-belt I wouldn"t be alive today.
6. But for the rain we would have had a nice holiday.
7. He"s but a boy.
8. The problem is anything but easy.
1. It was snowing, and so I could not go out.
2. You have pride and so have I.
3. He is so honest that he will not accept bribe.
4. I left a message so as to be sure of contacting her.
5. He is divorced and so am I.
6. How could you be so stupid as to believe him?
7. He disconnected the phone so as not to be disturbed.
8. Stand with your arms out, so.
1. I don"t care whether I get it or not.
2. Hurry up or else you"ll be late.
3. He can"t read or write.
4. They never dance or sing.
5. Pay up or else!
6. I"d like it to be black, (or) white or grey.
那个东西我喜欢黑 的、 （或）白的或灰的.
7. Answer yes or no.
8. Are you coming or not?
what 1000句？？？？？？！！！！！！！！ 不够再要 1000句真的太狠了 百度知道的回答者也是人啊
39. What do you call this in English? 这个用英语怎么说？
40. What is the color of your new book? 你的新书是什么颜色的？
41. How big is your house? 你的房子有多大？
43. What"s the name of the cat? 这猫叫什么名字？
45. Which is the right size? 哪个尺码是对的？
59. Are these books all yours? 这些书全是你的吗？
60. Some of them are mine. 一部分是我的。
73. I have no idea about it. 我一点都不知道。
77. May I have your name? 能告诉我你的名字吗？
79. Just call me Tom. 就叫我汤姆吧。
84. Could you introduce me to her? 你能把我介绍给她吗？
89. Let me introduce myself. 让我自我介绍一下。
104. I"ll work for the next 5 days. 我要工作5天（从明天算起）
105. It"s been 5 years since I last saw you. 我已5年没见你了。
111. No, I"m a single son. 没有，我是独生子。
133. Can you finish your work ahead of time? 你能提前完成工作吗？
143. You name the time. 你定时间吧。
148. How long will the sale last? 折价销售多久？一、About Visits 关于拜访
151. Hello. Can I see Mr. Green? 你好，我能见格林先生吗？
152. Do you have an appointment? 你有预约吗？
153. Sorry, I don"t. 对不起，我没有。
154. Yes. At 3 pm. 是的，约的是下午3点。
155. Sorry, Mr. Green can"t see you now. 对不起，格林先生现在不能见您。
156. He"s on the phone. 他在打电话。
157. Would you wait here for a minute? 您能在这里等一下吗？
158. Would you like something to drink? 您想喝点什么吗？
159. Tea, please. 我喝点茶吧。
160. Mr. Green, Mr. Smith is here. 格林先生，史密斯先生在这里。
161. You may go in now. 您可以进去了。
162. Nice to see you, my old friend. 真高兴见到你，我的老朋友。
163. How have you been these years? 这些年你怎么样？
164. You"ve changed little. 你一点也没变。
165. Do you still remember that Christmas? 你仍记得那个圣诞节吗？
166. Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗？
167. Yes, a little. 会讲一点。
168. How long have you studied English? 你学英语多久了？
169. He speaks English fluently. 他讲英语很流利。
170. Your English is very good. 你的英语很好。
171. You speak English pretty well. 你的英语讲的很好。
172. Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母语是英语吗？
173. My native language is Chinese. 我的母语是汉语。
174. He speaks with London accent. 他带点伦敦口音。
175. He has a strong accent. 他口音很重。
176. I have some difficulty in expressing myself. 我表达起来有点困难。
177. I"m always confused with "s" and "th". 我常把s和th搞混。
178. Can you write in English? 你能用英文写文章吗？
179. Your pronunciation is excellent. 你的发音很好。
180. How can I improve my spoken English? 我该怎样才能提高口语水平？
三、Talking About Activities 谈论活动
181. What are you doing? 你在干什么？
182. I"m reading a book. 我在看书。
183. I"m cooking. 我在做饭。
184. Are you watching TV now? 你在看电视吗？
185. Yes, I"m watching Channel 5. 是的，我在看5频道。
186. No, I"m listening to the radio. 没有，我在听收音机。
187. Where are you going? 你去哪儿？
188. I"m going to work. 我去上班。
189. Who are you writing to? 你在给谁写信？
190. I"m writing to an old friend. 给一个老朋友。
191. What will you do this weekend? 这周末你将干什么？
192. I"ll go to a concert. 我要去听音乐会。
193. I"ll go on an outing with some friends. 我与朋友去郊游。
194. Do you like traveling? 你喜欢郊游吗？
195. Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much. 是的，我很喜欢。
196. How old are you? 你多大了？
197. I"m twenty-two (years old). 我二十二了。
198. Mr. Smith is still in his forties. 史密斯先生才四十几岁。
199. I"m two years younger than my sister. 我比我姐小两岁。
200. My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 我姐比他丈夫大一
201. He"s the youngest in the family. 他是一家中最小的。
202. He looks much younger than he is. 他看起来比他实际上年轻得多。
203. I came here when I was 20. 我二十岁来这儿。
204. I started school at the age of 6. 我六岁开始上学。
205. My father is over 60 years old. 我父亲已年过六十了。
206. Most of them are less than 30. 他们中大多数不到30岁。
207. I guess he"s about 30. 我猜他大概30岁。
208. She"s going to be 15 next month. 下个月她就满15了。
209. They"ll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary.
210. He"s still a boy after all. 他毕竟还只是个孩子。
五、 Talking About Daily Activities 谈论日常生活
211. When do you get up everyday? 每天你几点起床？
212. I usually get up at 8 o"clock. 我通常8点起床。
213. Where do you have your lunch? 你在哪儿吃午饭？
214. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 我在附近一家快餐店吃午饭。
215. What did you have for lunch? 你中午吃些什么？
216. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg? 我吃一个汉堡包，一个炸鸡腿。
217. What time do you start work? 你什么时候开始工作？
218. I start work at 8 o"clock. 我八点开始工作。
219. What do you do at work? 你上班干些什么？
220. I answer telephones and do some typing. 我接电话和打字。
221. What time do you finish your work? 你什么时候下班？
222. At 6 o"clock sharp. 6点。
223. What do you do in your spare time? 闲暇时，你干些什么？
224. I like listening to pop music. 我喜欢听流行音乐。
225. I like playing football. 我喜欢踢足球。
226. When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起床？
227. At about seven. 七点左右。
228. I heard the clock, but I didn"t get up until 9. 我听见闹钟了，但我捱到九点才起。
229. I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七点醒了，然后马上起床了。
230. I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到办公室。
231. I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早饭。
232. I was just on time. 我刚好赶上。
233. I was 10 minutes late. 我迟到了五分钟。
234. I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
235. I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6点我下班了。
236. I stayed and did some extra work. 我留下加了一会儿班。
237. The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early.
238. I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看杂志。
239. I didn"t sleep well. 我没睡好。
240. I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的很熟。
七、 Talking With Friends 与朋友聊天
241. Hi, Joe, is it really you? 乔，你好，真是你吗？
242. Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安，你好。真高兴再次见到你。
243. It"s been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年没见你了。
244. Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看起来还是那么漂亮。
245. Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 欧，谢谢。这段时间你好吗？
246. Not too bad. 不太糟。
247. But you sound so sad. 但听起来你很悲伤。
248. Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊，昨天我的宠物猫丢了。
249. Oh, I"m sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我很遗憾。
250. That"s all right. 没事儿。
251. Have you seen Kate lately? 最近你看见凯特了吗？
252. No, I have no contact with her. 没有。我和她没有一点儿联系。
253. I heard she got married last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
254. Oh, how nice. Sorry, I"ve got to go now. 那真好。对不起，我必须得走了。
255. So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是，再见。记得联系哦。
256. I used to take a walk in the early morning. 我过去常一大早出去散步。
257. He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾与我是邻居。
258. Did you use to go fishing with friends? 过去你常和朋友钓鱼吗？
259. We have known each other for 6 years. 我们认识有六年了。
260. It has been a long time since last came here. 自从我上次来这里已经有很长时间了。
261. Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 最近你见过史密斯先生吗？
262. They"ve been working on this project since last year.
263. I"ve been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的电视。
264. The movie began as soon as we got there. 我们一到那儿电影就开始了。
265. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时，火车已经开了。
266. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans.
267. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以为他知道开会时间。
268. They had excepted me to go with them. 他们原本希望我和他们一起去。
269. That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次参观那地方了。
270. After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我写完论文，就把它放在抽屉了。
九、 Asking About The Address 询问地址
271. Hi, Jack, where do you live now? 你好，杰克，你现在住哪儿？
272. I live at 203 Curzon Street. 我住在可胜街203号。
273. Curzon Street? Isn"t Mary living there? 可胜街？玛丽不是也住那儿吗？
274. Yes, she lives just across the street. 是的，她就住在街对面。
275. How long have you stayed there? 你在那儿住多久了？
276. Just a few months. 才几个月。
277. How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 玛丽怎么样？她在那儿住多久了？
278. She"s been living there since her birth. 她生下来就住那儿。
279. Will you stay there for long? 你会在那儿待很长时间吗？
280. No, I"ll move to Hollywood next month. 不，我下个月搬到好莱坞去。
281. Oh, really? I"m moving there too. 真的？我也会搬到那儿去。
282. Great. Then we can drink beer together. 棒极了，我们可以一起喝啤酒了。
283. Yes, and you may stay there longer. 对，而且你也许会在那儿住久一些。
284. I hope so. 希望如此。
285. I"m sure we"ll have a good time. 我相信我们会很开心的