1. Waste not,want not.
2. From saving comes having.
3. A penny saved is a penny gained.
4. Take care of the pence and the pound
will take care of themselves.
5. Frugality is an estate alone.
6. He that regards not a penny,will lavish a pound.
7. Small gains bring great wealth.
8. Many a little makes a mickle.
9. As the touchstone tries gold,so gold tries man.
10.Courage and resolution are the spirit
and soul of virtue.
11.The path to glory is always rugged.
12.Nothing is difficult to the man who will try.
13.The fire is the test of gold;adversity of strong man.
14.Great hopes make great man.
15.No way is impossible to courage.
16.A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
17.The good seaman is known in bad weather.
18.The best hearts are always the bravest.
19.We must not lie down,and cry,God help us.
20.He that falls today may be up again tomorrow.
21.Rome was not built in a day.
22.Success belongs to the persevering.
23.We must repeat a thousand and one times that perseverance is the only road to success.
24.Perseverance is failing nineteen times
and succeeding the twentieth.
25.Step by step the ladder is ascended.
26.Adversity leads to prosperity.
27.Patience and application will carry us through.
28.Fortune often rewards with interest those
that have patience to wait for her.
29.All things will come round to him who will but wait.
30.Constant dropping wears the stone.
31.Omelets are not made without breaking of eggs.
32.The world is a ladder for some to go up
and others to go down.
33.There needs a long apprenticeship to understand
the mystery of the world"s trade.
34.Life is sweet.
35.Where there is life,there is hope.
36.Life is not all beer and skittles.
37.Much water runs by the mill that
the miller knows not of.
38.Fortune knocks once at least at every man"s door.
39.If you are too fortunate,you will not know yourself;
if you are too unfortunate,nobody will know you.
40.Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
41.Happy is he who knows his follies in his youth.
42.Misfortunes never (seldom) come alone (single).
43.Misfortune is a good teacher.
44.Misfortunes come at night.
45.Misfortunes tell us what fortune is.
46.Adversity makes a man wise,not rich.
47.Live and learn.
48.It is never too old to learn.
49.A man becomes learned by asking questions.
50.There is no royal road to learning.
51.He who is ashamed of asking is ashamed of learning.
52.What is learned in the cradle lasts till the grave.
53.Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.
54.Soon learnt,soon forgotten.
55.Learn young,learn fair.
56.A lazy youth,a lousy age.
57.He that knows nothing,doubts nothing.
58.A good name keeps its luster in the dark.
59.Fame is a magnifying glass.
60.A good fame is better than a good face.
61.Fame like a river is narrowest at its
source and broadest afar off.
62.Take honour from me and my life is done.
63.Beware of him who regards not his reputation.
64.It is better to die with honour than to live in infamy.
65.Adversity successfully overcome is the highest glory.
66.Reputation is often got without merit
and lost without fault.
67.Your father"s honour is to you
but a second-hand honour.
68.Never trust another what you should do yourself.
69.It is an equal failing to trust everybody,
and to trust nobody.
70.Eat a peck of salt with a man before you trust him.
71.If you trust before you try,
you may repent before you die.
72.Never trust to fine words.
73.Trust not a great weight to a slender thread.
74.Be just to all,but trust not all.
75.Trust thyself only,and another shall not betray thee.
76.Self-trust is the essence of heroism.
77.Confidence is a plant of slow growth.
78.Truth is the daughter of time.
79.Truth hath a good face,but ill clothes.
80.Truth and roses have thorns about them.
81.Truth may be blamed,but shall never be shamed.
82.Though malice may darken truth,it cannot put it out.
83.Truth will prevail.
84.Truth"s best ornament is nakedness.
85.Facts are stubborn things.
86.Sooner or later,the truth comes to light.
87.The truths we least like to hear are those
which it is most to our advantage to know.
88.Falsehood like a nettle stings those
who meddle with it.
89.There is many a fair thing full false.
90.Though a lie be well drest,it is ever overcome.
91.A lie begets a lie till they come to generations.
92.A false tongue will hardly speak truth.
93.False with one can be false with two.
94.He that will lie will steal.
95.Gossiping and lying go together.
96.Equivocation is first cousin to a lie.
97.A great talker is a great liar.
98.The greatest liars talk most of themselves.
99.Lying rides upon debt"s back.
100. Lying is the first step to the gallows.
As one goes through life, one learns that if you don’t paddle your own canoe, you don’t move.
Can a man still be brave if he"s afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave.
Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.
A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.
If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
。 All things in their being are good for something.
· Difficult circumstances serve as a textbook of life for people.
· Failure is the mother of success. -- Thomas Paine
· For man is man and master of his fate.
· The unexamined life is not worth living. -- Socrates
· 混混噩噩的生活不值得过。 -- 苏格拉底
· None is of freedom or of life deserving unless he daily conquers it anew. -- Erasmus
· Our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity. So let us seize it, not in fear, but in gladness. -- R.M. Nixon
· 命运给予我们的不是失望之酒，而是机会之杯。因此，让我们毫无畏惧，满心愉悦地把握命运。-- 尼克松
· Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass. -- John Ruskin
· 生活没有目标，犹如航海没有罗盘。-- 罗斯金
· What makes life dreary is the want of motive. -- George Eliot
· 没有了目的，生活便郁闷无光。 -- 乔治 · 埃略特
· Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored. -- Lincoln
· There is no such thing as a great talent without great will - power. -- Balzac
· 没有伟大的意志力，便没有雄才大略。 -- 巴尔扎克
· The good seaman is known in bad weather.
· Fear not that the life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning. --J.H. Newman
· 不要害怕你的生活将要结束，应该担心你的生活永远不会真正开始。 -- 纽曼
· Gods determine what you"re going to be. -- Julius Erving
· 人生的奋斗目标决定你将成为怎样的人。 -- 欧文
· An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
· 生活的目标，是唯一值得寻找的财富。-- 史蒂文森
· While there is life there is hope.
· 一息若存，希望不灭。 -- 英国谚语
· Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. -- A. Einstein
· 不要为成功而努力，要为做一个有价值的人而努力。 -- 爱因斯坦
· You have to believe in yourself. That"s the secret of success. -- Charles Chaplin
· 人必须有自信，这是成功的秘密。 -- 卓别林
· Pursue your object, be it what it will, steadily and indefatigably.
· We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. -- Mattin Luther King
· 我们必须接受失望，因为它是有限的，但千万不可失去希望，因为它是无穷的。 -- 马丁 · 路德 · 金
· Energy and persistence conquer all things. -- Benjamin Franklin
· 能量加毅力可以征服一切。 -- 富兰克林
· Nothing seek, nothing find.
· Cease to struggle and you cease to live. -- Thomas Carlyle
· 生命不止，奋斗不息。 -- 卡莱尔
· A thousand-li journey is started by taking the first step.
· Strength alone knows conflict, weakness is below even defeat, and is born vanquished. -- Swetchine
· 只有强者才懂得斗争；弱者甚至失败都不够资格，而是生来就是被征服的。 -- 斯威特切尼
· The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them. -- Bernara Shaw
· 在这个世界上取得成就的人，都努力去寻找他们想要的机会，如果找不到机会，他们便自己创造机会。 -- 萧伯纳
· A strong man will struggle with the storms of fate. -- Thomas Addison
· 强者能同命运的风暴抗争。 -- 爱迪生
· He who seize the right moment, is the right man. -- Goethe
· 谁把握机遇，谁就心想事成。 -- 歌德
· Victory won"t come to me unless I go to it. -- M.Moore
· 胜利是不会向我们走来的，我必须自己走向胜利。 -- 穆尔
· Man struggles upwards; water flows downwards.
· Man errs as long as he strives. -- Goethe
· 失误是进取的代价。 -- 歌德
· The failures and reverses which await men - and one after another sadden the brow of youth - add a dignity to the prospect of human life, which no Arcadian success would do. -- Henry David Thoreau
· 尽管失败和挫折等待着人们，一次次地夺走青春的容颜，但却给人生的前景增添了一份尊严，这是任何顺利的成功都不能做到的。 -- 梭罗
· A man can fail many times, but he isn"t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. -- J. Burroughs
· 一个人可以失败很多次，但是只要他没有开始责怪旁人，他还不是一个失败者。 -- 巴勒斯